05 August, 2012

Quality over quantity, right?

Retrieval went fairly well! Minus being a little sleepy I don't feel any worse than I have the past couple days with cramping & bloating.  I still had 7 follies but 2 were too small to have mature eggs ( we anticipated that).  For whatever reason one of the other big follies was empty so we ended up with 4 eggs retrieved.  Of course I was hoping for more, but I am certainly happy with 4! Everyone continues to tell me quality over quantity is the best chance for success.  Easier to say than actually believe.  Our future family rests on these 4 lil eggs getting fertilized.  I'm trying to suppress my thoughts of "maybe they missed one? Did they drop any on the floor?"  I am focusing on relaxing and trying to find comfort in the fact that the rest of this process is out if my hands.  J and I have done everything possible, now it's up to doctors, embryologists, nurses, and mehbe the man upstairs!

I had a super freaky dream last night.... I dreamt I had a huge baby bump and everyone was shocked because I was so early in pregnancy but I got to break the news that i was huge because I was carrying twins!  I didn't tell J about it.... It seemed irrelevant and unimportant as we woke up at buttcrack a.m.  and scrambled out the door this morning.  Apparently I had the same dream during anesthesia because he said I woke up mumbling to him about the same exact thing! I don't remember telling J about my dream in the surgery center but hopefully this is a good omen!!  I remember walking to the OR, hopping on the table, the oxygen mask and monitors while reciting my mantra ... next thing I know I'm waking up behind the preop curtain.  
I asked for my surgical cap off, my socks on, and then sleepily slurred to the nurse to make sure they were going to do ICSI on the eggs!  I can't wait to hear the fertilization report tomorrow.  Since we had only 4, I'm willing to bet the odds are pretty high we will do a 3 day transfer on Wednesday.   



I'm really trying to take one day at a time.... However, I am entranced by the POAS (pee on a stick) phenomenon!  I have consulted my calendar to figure out when I will be able to start testing.  I triggered with 10,000 HCG.  The body metabolizes 1,000 units every 24-28 hours.  Of course some bodies are more or less efficient than this.  According to the rule of thumb, a BFP on Monday Aug 13 could be fo rizzle.  My other option is to take a test every morning until I get a negative showing the trigger is out of my system.  A positive after that would be due to bebe!  At the same time, I'm super scared to test early, as in before a blood quantitative HCG by my RE.... What if all my poas's are negative???   Decisions, decisions.  One day at a time...  Let's get some eggs fertilized first.



2 comments:

  1. You don't know me, but I've been following your blog for a bit! I just wanted to pop in and tell you I've been thinking about you and praying for a good outcome. And sending good vibes and all that!! Can't wait to read about the fertilization report and then the transfer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support! Right now, I'll take all the positive thoughts I can get :).

    ReplyDelete