02 August, 2012

IVF #2, Day 7

Hit up the doc again this morning, only this time the fam waited at Target instead of the REs waiting room. I would have loved to see the reactions of everyone seeing a 69yr old couple at a fertility clinic!  While I haven't gotten my E2 (blood estrogen) results yet, I am absolutely ecstatic about my follie count and size today! I should have my E2 this afternoon.  I had a few follies under 10mm that weren't measured, but also had two 16mm, three 15mm, and two 13mm.  A total of seven nice ones. SEVEN!  I just about cried right there on the table, feet in stirrups with my coot hanging out. I had to calm J down a lil bit and remind him we still have to make it through retrieval, have follies fertilize and then implant which means a long road to go but it's looking good. The nurse practitioner doing my ultrasound said she's not sure what I did the past two days but to keep doing it cuz its working! That means plenty of ice cream and couch time. :)  I had a headache all Tuesday night and yesterday and so spent the day yesterday at home by myself chillin while the fam visited Seattle for the day. A day to grow some eggies was apparently what the doctor ordered. Getting dressed this morning I came across my starfish necklace (the one I wore at our wedding) and figured I'd start wearing it. Momma said to "wish upon a starfish" so that I am!

I am so relieved! We will be going back tomorrow at 0800 for another ultrasound. What a great frkn day!

UPDATE: Nurse Katie called, estrogen is at 1723 today. Holy cow! She was really happy with my ultrasound and said how great it is that I'm responding so well this time. There is a good possibility I may be ready for the HCG trigger shot tomorrow night which would make retrieval Sunday morning. Yikes. I will be really glad to be done with all these injections but am scared for the anesthesia part of retrieval. 2 needles a day for 10 days followed by 5 needles a day for 7 days has done a number on my belly! Though I don't have near the size of bruises as last cycle, there are a number of bright purple and green areas. It's real cute. Tomorrow is a big day, wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment