10 May, 2013

I'm Chuck Norris!

I did EVERYTHING in my power to reschedule transfer.... Monday cancellation... later in the day Tuesday so Lori could come.... Thursday so both Lori & J can be there.... nada!  Ugh!  I made it through the day at work without breaking down about it.  All I know is I tried.  I did my best.  Tuesday must be meant to be.  Now I have to deal with life & the joys of being a navy wife!  Big girl panties are on.  Time to focus on the ute.

*~i did my very first PIO (progesterone in oil) injection tonite!~*  I iced my hip for probably 30 minutes to get er nice & numb.  It really wasn't all that bad!  I did it lying down cuz I've heard its less painful than standing.  Huh.  Even though I had gauze on it afterward I still bled on my heat pack :(  I think the frozen has worn off because now I'm a little sore & can already feel a knot forming.  I'm trying to decide if tomorrow I'll do the same side so I only have 1 bum hip or if I'll rotate to give each side a break....

I searched interest for pio suggestions & came across this hilarious blog. The post is "ode to the PIO shot" and she speaks only the truth!  Hahaha.  According to her, I am the Chuck Norris of infertility for 2 reasons:  I do my own PIO (so far.... though not by choice), and I have to use a 22G needle (ouch!).  Oh, and I inject 2cc, not just one. 
My poor ass!

Now that I think about it, i bet Chuck would own this transfer business....

No comments:

Post a Comment