20 May, 2013

6dp5dt

Transfer went super duper fab!!!  We thawed 1 (yes, just one) AA rated hatching blast.  Dr Rockstar has so much faith in this lil embie that he wouldn't let us transfer two.  God please let him be right.  Ugh!! 

I was able to sneak into my yoga class before transfer which was nice.  Ya know, to help blood flow n shit.  I ended up being SUPER early and even though I brought a snack I was too nervous to eat.   I chatted with Dr R's PA, who is always super nice, and one of the nurses.  I've never been to a doc office where the staff is so personable & friendly!! Love them <3.  I was still sad J couldn't be there but was feeling good about everything.  So first they had me meet with the embryologist to confirm what we were transferring and what else was left in the deep freeze.  They brought me back about 15 minutes late but I shit you not, as soon as I sat down with Dr Lisa GUESS WHO CALLED!!!  J from the ship out at sea :). He got to be on speaker phone to hear the whole thing.  (We joke about having ESP but this was purely ridic. Haha).    So the lil guy (or gal) thawed at 0930 and was already nice & plump by 1150.  (They shrivel the embryos a little before freezing to help the cells survive.)  I actually had to change into a gown with booties & hat, they didn't have me do that up at SRM....  Acupuncture lady did her thing and I did my meditation.  40 mins later, thankfully my bladder was full enough before I felt like peeing on myself.  Since the lab is down a few doors, they wheeled our lil guy in in a for real incubator!  It was so cute.  Not only were we worried about scents (like perfume) but we weren't allowed to talk but in a whisper and they had it completely dark except for a tiny spot light you know where. Dr R did his business, they loaded it up right there in the incubator under the microscope and that was that!  They used embryo glue and also some kind of special cleansing stuff to help with implantation. 

I survived bed rest with flying colors :). Been taking it easy since then so as not to push my luck. Plus my bum is a damn pin cushion.  It feels like a for real sore muscle that's partially numb & bruised.  Last night I rolled over and hit it just right so that I yelped cuz it felt like I had just laid on a tack. Ouch.

Today I am 6dp5dt. Beta is scheduled for Saturday. Eeeep!  I haven't peed on any hpt's..... yet.  The problem is I work Friday thru Monday and need a refill of PIO by Friday night and patches by Sunday.... I'm thinking of testing on Thursday so as to give me time to refill prescriptions *OR* a day of crying my eyes out before I have to function in public. I'll be 9dp5dt on Thursday (equivalent to 14dpo).  Saturday they are looking for a beta over 100. Technically speaking, if hcg doubles every 48 hours it would theoretically be at 50 on Thursday.  Most hpt's pick up 25 of hcg.  My point is, Thursday is like Goldilocks....
Not too early, not too late but juuuuust right enough to be accurate. So far I have no symptoms that can't be blamed on either the estrogen patches, progesterone, or indigestion. Trying not to read in to stuff & stay focused + relaxed. 

Say your prayers for us......

Photo caption: our embisicle!  You can see the ICM (inner cell mass) at the bottom, the gray outline is what becomes placenta, and the "drip" is where its hatching!! :)




P.s.

Game of the day: count how many times I used parenthesis in this post!! 

3 comments: