16 February, 2013

My new rockstar RE


I went to consults in the greater San Diego and Orange County area for education. I had heard about Dr Rockstar... he came recommended by the fertility clinic doc in Seattle, his success rates are the best for IVF in SD county, his partners are also rockstars.  But I wanted to make sure.  I wanted to compare.  I like to make my own choices and not follow blindly just because so-and-so likes him.  

Needless to say, I was impressed.  I did like one other RE and he was cheap, but he was going to do the same old thing.  Not Dr Rockstar.  Last year him and his partners came up with a 2 phase low-stim protocol for poor responders that has had amazing success.  And when I say amazing, he told me somewhere near 80%.  Why should I believe him, you ask?  The proof is in the pudding.  Meet Dr Meldrum, Dr Rockstar's founding partner: Www.davidmeldrummd.com. He loves learning and graduated 1st in his MD class without ever taking notes.  Author of over a hundred articles and papers.  He fellowed at UCLA and was the first in the US to get a BFP using u/s guided egg retrievals.  Pioneered reproductive laboratory accreditation and was the first commissioner of such to ensure more consistent quality in reproductive labs.  One of the first to research Lupron and the first to suggest its routine use.  If you're reading this and done IVF, I'm sure you've heard of that Lupron drug? 

Dr Rockstar has been director of other SD IVF clinics, instructor of anatomy for canadian medical school, member of Scripps research, instructor & consultant of microsurgery for the Navy, and did 2 years of research at the Banting and Best Institute.  He had the first pregnancy last year using egg freezing.

No I'm not writing their biography.  My point is, we're in great hands.  These dudes have always been at the brink of research breakthroughs and therefore I am a believer.

Of course as part of my consultation I ask about all these damn supplements and herbs I'm taking and was directed to this website: Www.lifechoicesandfertility.com It was put together by Dr Rockstar and his team.  So....  Now I'm not taking Chinese herbs, but I'm def not taking any less supplements. ;)

Stay tuned to hear about this whiz bang protocol and when we'll get started.  

No comments:

Post a Comment