10 October, 2013

Week 24 bumpdate

Pregnancy Highlights

How Far Along: 24 weeks, 6 months exactly!

Size of baby:  an ear of corn.  Or according to ultrasound, almost a foot long and weighing in at 1 1/2 pounds.  Ute is the size of a soccer ball.  Its officially above my belly button!

Weight change: +20

Maternity Clothes:   had to retire my pink Cali jeans today.  Yesterday I did the rubberband-on-the-button trick & the band snapped!  Lol.

Gender: still a girl, confirmed x3 :)

Movement: More pronounced.  I can feel her all the time now!  Got my first kick in the bladder today.  Ouch.  J can feel her when she's doing hardcore karate chops.

Sleep:  good, minus a few weird dreams and having to switch sides all the time.  My hips get so sore!

Symptoms: heartburn here & there.  Overall nothing too horrendous right now.

What I miss: sleeping on my back.  Being able to sit longer than an hour without hurting.   Last week's road trips & plane rides about killed me.

Cravings: sushi.  Mmmmm!  I put in a request to go for the fake (read: cooked) stuff this weekend.

Aversions:  none.

Innie or outie: innie! Yeah!

Favorite Moment This Week: had to go back for anatomy scan round two since they couldn't clear her face or heart 3 weeks ago.  Thank heavens everything checked out GOOD!! 

Worst Moment This Week: work is getting harder to do for 8 hours at a time.  I've cut down a Bunch but thinking I'm closer to the end.

Looking Forward To: sewing crib sheets this weekend! !  We got the dresser, bookshelf, crib, and ordered the rocking chair this week.  Cradle & mattress are ready to go.  Now the fun stuff can ensue! :)

Daddy update:  Daddy laid eyes on his first cloth diaper.....and was impressed! ! "That's the whole thing?  Oh cool!" Mommy, FTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment